ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. Anzac Day is a National holiday down under commemorating Australian and New Zealanders that served. As for the Anzac cookie, it is debated whether they were baked by women to send to the men fighting, or if they were baked and sold by women to raise money for the war effort.
Either way, they’re so good that my husband hides them on the kids so he can have them all himself.
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 c sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together the flour, oats, pecans, coconut, sugar and salt.
- In a mug, stir together baking soda…
View original post 101 more words